[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: Move from svn to Git (and by git I mean Gitea)

Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski me at komzpa.net
Mon Oct 21 15:04:20 PDT 2019

Is there a procedure documentation somewhere? A thing I need is "how to
merge a GitHub pull request to master fixing something while merging". I
have wget .. diff | patch -p1 + edit + commit workflow now and I need to
know new one.

With those substitute commands I don't really care where master lives.

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 7:49 AM Regina Obe <lr at pcorp.us> wrote:

> I know we had this vote discussion a year or so ago and I hate to look on
> old history.
>

> So let’s try it again without mouthing (GitHub this time).  Github is too
> dirty of a pond to be our official repo and the thought of the world
> completely running on GitHub is mighty depressing.
>

> We already have GEOS on gitea and it linked to Trac. I think that’s
> working just fine.  Dan’s issue with gitea last we had this discussion was
> he feared it would be unstable.
>
> I think GEOS on gitea is pretty stable.
>

> All our private PostGIS repos are already on Gitea.  Our non-travis bots
> are already using Gitea for pulling.
>

> So with the plan – our ticket tracker still stays on Trac and svn gets
> frozen and all links for Trac repoints to gitea for source repo.
>

> +1
>

> Strk and I will work on the relinking and migration.
>
> We’ll still have github / gitlab as git mirrors – and mirroring will be
> easier with a git / git mirroring.
>

> Comments  including non-PSC folks.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Regina