[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: Move from svn to Git (and by git I mean Gitea)

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Tue Oct 22 06:58:15 PDT 2019

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 08:55:18PM -0400, Daniel Baston wrote:
> > Dan’s issue with gitea last we had this discussion was he feared it would
> be unstable.
>
> My issue is more the lack of a useful interface for review, discussion, or
> notification. GEOS work would certainly be easier if we weren't using it.
>
> It's probably not worse than SVN though, if that's the bar.

Please don't confuse source control and GUIs.
You cannot compare Gitea with SVN.
You cannot compare GitHub with SVN.
You cannot compare GitHub with GIT.
You cannot compare Trac with GIT.
You cannot compare Trac with SVN.

This proposal is about migrating code source repository
from SVN to GIT, as we did in the past migrate from CVS to SVN.