[postgis-devel] upgrade from postgis2.4 to 3.0 requires dropping functions

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Tue Oct 22 18:56:27 PDT 2019

When you go from 3.0.0alpha4 to 3.0.0, you might run into some issues.  Before you do do the following:
As I noted here:
https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/4483#comment:21

ALTER EXTENSION postgis DROP AGGREGATE ST_Union(geometry);
DROP AGGREGATE ST_Union(geometry);
ALTER EXTENSION postgis DROP FUNCTION pgis_geometry_union_transfn(internal,geometry);
ALTER EXTENSION postgis DROP FUNCTION pgis_geometry_union_finalfn(internal);
DROP FUNCTION pgis_geometry_union_transfn(internal,geometry);
DROP FUNCTION pgis_geometry_union_finalfn(internal);

That was an interim function that I think we dropped in rc1 -- rolling back to old function names so people wouldn't need to drop ST_Union coming from 2.5