[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: Move from svn to Git (and by git I mean Gitea)

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Thu Oct 24 06:17:02 PDT 2019

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 07:40:53AM -0400, Daniel Baston wrote:

> > This proposal is about migrating code source repository
> > from SVN to GIT, as we did in the past migrate from CVS to SVN.
>
> Sorry for being confused. Is this proposal not about switching from SVN to
> a git server managed by Gitea? Or are you proposing a headless git server?

Mostly headless, the way I see it.

Gitea would still NOT provide issues (trac would), will not
provide wiki (trac would).

Gitea will continue to provide pull requests, as is already
the case. The only differenc for pull requests is that we
_might_ use the green UI button, if we wanted (I don't felt
that need very often).

Access to the repository will be mediated by Gitea, which
does provide an UI to set permissions (grant/revoke
permissions to committers, building teams etc.). We already
use such UI to set permission on private and public
repositories hosted there.