[postgis-devel] [MOTION] Drop ChangeLog support

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Mon Oct 28 08:16:51 PDT 2019

"Regina Obe" <lr at pcorp.us> writes:

> Greg,
>
> How do you feel about ChangeLog?  NEWS I think everyone is in agreement is useful.
>
> ChangeLog I personally have no value in it and see it as an eyesore weighing down my tar ball.
> I figure anyone needing that much in-depth play back of events can just look at the git commit log, but I might be missing something.
>
> Bas if you are around  -- you find ChangeLog useful?

I think Bas's point, which I agree with philosophically, is that
ChangeLog travels with the tarball and can be used offline, vs having to
clone (and hope that the git repo still exists).

However, I see this as minor, and myself rarely look into ChangeLog.  So
it terms of reaching rough consensus among differing views, I will not
choose to spend tokens to argue for it.