[postgis-devel] Stable Branch Naming : Git

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Mon Oct 28 10:09:04 PDT 2019

Paul Ramsey <pramsey at cleverelephant.ca> writes:

> On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 10:02 AM <rmrodriguez at carto.com> wrote:
>
>> Regarding this, can we keep only stable branches + master in the fancy
>> new repo? I don't like having development branches in the main
>> repository.
>
> As in "push your work to a personal fork and PR from there"? works for
> me (though inevitably I'm going to fat-finger a push to origin)

How are people supposed to read and comment on feature branches (I
assume that's what you mean) of things that are proposd for merge to
master?

I would say it's fine for live feature branches to be in the main repo,
but branches that are abandoned should be deleted (which is harder than
it sounds, from experience).