[postgis-devel] [postgis-users] Upgrade issues

James Sewell james.sewell at jirotech.com
Tue Sep 3 19:25:56 PDT 2019

> > Paul – any thoughts on how to fix this one?
>>
>> None. Is it easily replicable? Does any non-standard geography srid
>> trigger it?

Making some progress now.

It looks like pg_upgrade from any (tested 9.6, 10, -> 11) version of
Postgres will fail if any version of PostGIS (tested 2.5.1, 3.0) is
installed and a table  with a Geography, non 4326 SRID column exists.

The failure can take one of two forms:
a) When the table is created spatial_ref_sys doesn't exist
b) When the table is created spatial_ref_sys exists but is empty (data
isn't added till after the schema import using pg_upgrade)

 I can't answer is how this has not been hit before???

--
The contents of this email are confidential and may be subject to legal or
professional privilege and copyright. No representation is made that this