[postgis-devel] upgrade from postgis2.4 to 3.0 requires dropping functions

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Sat Sep 28 13:43:50 PDT 2019

What error did you get if you don't drop them.

Usually the issue with aggregates is when you have functions or views reliant on them, but then you'd need to drop those as well.

I also though extent(geometry) is a legacy function.  Did you have legacy script installed as well?

When you say postgis_upgrade.sql, are you running that?  or using

CREATE EXTENSION postgis UPDATE;