[postgis-devel] PostGIS 3.0.0beta1 is released

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Sat Sep 28 17:56:35 PDT 2019

The PostGIS Development team is pleased to release PostGIS 3.0.0beta1.

More details here: https://postgis.net/2019/09/28/postgis-3.0.0beta1/

Source tar ball:
https://download.osgeo.org/postgis/source/postgis-3.0.0beta1.tar.gz

Note that PostGIS 3.0 takes advantage of

1)      Performance improvements in GEOS 3.8.0beta1 which was released
yesterday:
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/geos-devel/2019-September/009267.html

2)      Features and performance enhancements for  PostgreSQL 12RC1 released
a couple of days ago - https://www.postgresql.org/developer/beta/

We encourage you to test with this family of products even if you are using
lower versions of these.  We are most interested in any upgrade (including
pg_upgrade)  issues people are facing going from a PostGIS 2.something to
PostGIS 3.0

Please report back with any issues at the PostGIS Users / PostGIS
development lists or in our bug tracker -

https://postgis.net/support/

Thanks,

PostGIS Development Team