[postgis-devel] [postgis-users] postgis-3.1.0beta2 released

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Sat Dec 12 07:51:36 PST 2020

Paul Ramsey <pramsey at cleverelephant.ca> writes:

> Since there were a few quick additions to beta1, I have dropped a beta2. The next release will be rc1 and then final, barring any emergency.
>
>  * Enhancements *
>   - #4814, Do not drop empty geometry components when converting
>            to GEOS (Sandro Santilli)
>   - #4815, Fix GEOS conversion of POINT EMPTY to retain type
>            (Sandro Santilli)
>   - #4813, ST_MakeValid removing NaN coordinates (Sandro Santilli)

I built this via pkgsrc on NetBSD 9 am64, against proj 6.3.2 and pgsql
12.

It seems basically ok.  I have been having regression test failures with
a core dump in pgsql, but I think that's about proj (need to move to 7+
anyway), and it doesn't seem super worse with this than 3.0.x.  Seems
like more crashes from better tests, not worse actual behavior.

So this looks ok to me for release.