[postgis-devel] PostGIS 3.1.0alpha1 is released

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Mon Feb 3 09:49:26 PST 2020

On 2/3/20 2:51 PM, rmrodriguez at carto.com wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 3, 2020 at 2:35 PM Christoph Berg <myon at debian.org> wrote:
>> Since people asked for it, I built 3.1.0alpha1 .deb packages on
>> apt.postgresql.org, including packages for PostgreSQL 13devel.
>
> Did you use the  new configure option (--without-phony-revision) to
> prevent `postgis_revision.h` being regenerated when the sources are
> placed in a different git folder? If it's useful we could backport it
> to stable branches.

The Debian package was not built using this option, the release tarball
includes:

 cat postgis-3.1.0alpha1/postgis_revision.h
 #define POSTGIS_REVISION f7a3648

This is unchanged in the resulting package, postgis_full_version() includes:

 POSTGIS="3.1.0alpha1 rf7a3648"

It seems the option is not required when postgis_revision.h is included
in the sources used to build the package.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1