[postgis-devel] pgis_geometry_accum_transfn mon amour

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Wed Feb 12 09:00:55 PST 2020

I see in postgis.sql.in that we have 3 signatures defined
for the pgis_geometry_accum_transfn function, which is used
in aggregates:

  -- Availability: 1.4.0
  -- Changed: 2.5.0 use 'internal' transfer type
  CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION pgis_geometry_accum_transfn(internal, geometry)
  [...]

  -- Availability: 2.2
  -- Changed: 2.5.0 use 'internal' transfer type
  CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION pgis_geometry_accum_transfn(internal, geometry, float8)
  [...]

  -- Availability: 2.3
  -- Changed: 2.5.0 use 'internal' transfer type
  CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION pgis_geometry_accum_transfn(internal, geometry, float8, int)
  [...]

Which one(s?) are going to be used by the AGGREGATES ? Do we really
need 3 of them ?