[postgis-devel] Tests for *_force_dims

Kristian Thy thy at 42.dk
Thu Jan 2 00:02:25 PST 2020

On Mon, Dec 30, Paul Ramsey wrote:
> > Would it be sufficient if I added regression tests for the current and
> > new, overloaded methods in postgis/regress/core/lwgeom_regress.sql? I.e.
> > what you can see in my fork at
> > <https://github.com/kthy/postgis/commit/299747c4e36498ba1cad2cc2b328158c7e33af62>
>
> Yes, this is OK. A handful of Cunit tests would be nice, since it’s a liblwgeom change, but not mandatory.

Thanks. As it were, I ended up writing the CUnit tests anyway because I
was curious to see if I could.

> > (Bonus question: can CUnit provide coverage reports?)
>
> No idea, but coverage is a state of grace and we are all fallen creatures.

:o)

I was mostly asking because I was curious whether the code I was
touching in liblwgeom was already covered indirectly by a test in some
other suite.

After submitting a PR I found codecov reports on Github, which is nice.

Cheers,
Kristian