[postgis-devel] Change all stable branch versions to have git hash?

rmrodriguez at carto.com rmrodriguez at carto.com
Wed Jan 8 01:37:02 PST 2020

> I can see why you want that, but please make it easy to disable it for
packagers, or make it a static string.

Do you call anything to generate the source package while you still have git?

Maybe we can setup autogen.sh to call the generation script and change
the generation script to do nothing if the file exists but git or the
git directory doesn't. Would that work for you?

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 10:16 AM Christoph Berg <myon at debian.org> wrote:

> Re: Regina Obe 2020-01-08 <000001d5c5b8$0aeac4f0$20c04ed0$@pcorp.us>
> > POSTGIS="3.1.0dev r64d4a1a69" [EXTENSION] PGSQL="120"
>
> Fwiw these git hashes are a major pain point for packagers when they
> are auto-updated at build time because when the package is kept in
> git, the hash is different from the actual release hash. And when the
> package is then distributed as a source package (.dsc in Debian), the
> .git directory is gone, and rebuilding the .debs yields a package
> that's again different.
>
> I can see why you want that, but please make it easy to disable it for
> packagers, or make it a static string.
>
> Christoph

Raúl Marín Rodríguez
carto.com