[postgis-devel] [postgis-users] PostGIS 3.1.0alpha2 is released

rmrodriguez at carto.com rmrodriguez at carto.com
Tue Sep 29 01:56:13 PDT 2020

Hi,

One thing I have pending is a PR to remove the dependency on
libprotobuf-c by keeping it under our tree
(https://github.com/postgis/postgis/pull/579). This way we remove
issues with MVT not being available in some distributions, especially
since I increased the minimum required version.

Other than that, it's bug fixing for me, but I think most of them, if
not all, come from previous releases.

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 4:46 PM Greg Troxel <gdt at lexort.com> wrote:

> "Regina Obe" <lr at pcorp.us> writes:
>
> > I think we will need to have an alpha3.  I was hoping we'd be feature
> > complete by this point, but we still have some big things to push in
> >
> > 1) GEOS Overlay and Topology changes - Paul, Martin, and Sandro working on
> > 2) Completely split out postgis_sfcgal from postgis lib so it has it's own
> > like like postgis_raster has
> > 3) Several bug fixes
> >
> > Those are ones that come to mind but I am sure there are others.
>
> Thanks - I will take that as "alpha2 was running the current state up
> the flagpole early, and a release is not imminent".  Not a compplaint: I
> really meant that I was curious.

Raúl Marín Rodríguez
carto.com