[postgis-devel] PostGIS 3.2.0beta3 is released

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Sun Dec 12 05:51:18 PST 2021

On Fri, Dec 10, 2021 at 09:25:34AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:

> Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> writes:
>
> > On Wed, Dec 08, 2021 at 07:25:16PM -0500, Regina Obe wrote:
> >
> >> strk, does our test ever provide the postgresql process id?
> >
> > I don't think so, nope. Could be a useful addition, maybe
> > even a --wait-for-gdb switch
>
> That could help.
>
> However, given the abiltiy to run independent tests, this was easier
> than I thought it might be.  I added a new section, and it would be good
> if you, Regina, or someone else who runs gdb on tests checks to see that
> I got it right.
>
> https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/DevWikiGettingABackTrace#Usingwithregressiontests

At the end of `make test` you are not left with a `postgis_reg` database,
unless you specify `RUNTESTFLAGS=--nodrop` environment variable, so
your recipe should not work as it is written right now.

I'd do:

  1) make staged-install # from top-level
  2) regress/run_test.pl --nodrop regress/core/geography.sql
  3) psql postgis_reg
  4) select pg_backend_pid()
  5) attach gdb to backend
  6) psql> \i regress/core/geography.sql