[postgis-devel] PostGIS 3.2.0beta3 is released

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Sun Dec 12 06:15:13 PST 2021

On Fri, Dec 10, 2021 at 08:46:58AM -0600, Justin Pryzby wrote:

> I'm not sure how anyone else debugs memory corruption, but one way is to start
> postgres in single-user mode, under valgrind, and run the failing query.  From
> your previous message, that's this.  Valgrind would hopefully show the function
> causing the corruption, and the allocation being corrupted.

+1, this is what I'd do (valgrind).
It doesn't help that PostgreSQL allocates memory in blocks so that
memory which is NOT allocated explicitly by PostGIS might still be
allocated by PostgreSQL and thus NOT be seen by valgrind as a
violation, but maybe there was some compile-time swith for PostgreSQL
to help with that ?