[postgis-devel] [postgis-users] PSC Vote: Keep or drop Flatgeobuf in PostGIS 3.2.0

Bruce Rindahl bruce.rindahl at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 16:28:49 PST 2021

Doing a quick test with the wildfires in CA the past 3 years.

Shapefile = 9.42 MB
GeoJSON = 26.5 MB
FlatGeobuf  = 9.42 MB

Right now I am serving the fires up via MVT on open layers and will try to
add a FlatGeobuf layer for testing.

Generated the file via ogr2ogr and will test when postGIS 3.2 is out but it
does look like a compact format.  QGIS imports it with no issues.  As an
exchange format it will have to be on the command line via ogr2ogr or psql
either via GDAL or native postGIS