[postgis-devel] confused by bbox (fit or not fit)

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Tue Jul 6 05:38:39 PDT 2021

I'm struggling with an issue with topology face.mbr
fields having values which sometime are "fit" and
sometimes are "slighly larger".

Trying to debug the issue I'm going deep into
lwgeom_get_bbox and wondering in which occurrence
could the bbox returned by that call be "loose".

My understanding was that starting from the rewrite
of the binary representation we made it so the bbox
was always using doubles, am I mistaken ?

If I'm right, why would those bbox ever be slighly
larger than the actual bboxes ?

  /\   https://strk.kbt.io/services.html