[postgis-devel] PostGIS 3 and MobilityDB

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Tue Jul 6 18:11:20 PDT 2021

Esteban,

We really do not want to do that.  It caused all sorts of packaging issues with versions of PostGIS linking to the wrong version of liblwgeom and packages trying to manage it separately from PostGIS.

It led people to believe that liblwgeom is a library they can use and thus puts more strain on our workflow to manage the usage outside of PostGIS.

That said liblwgeom itself I don’t think has that many dependencies and all the various extensions we have just statically link the code in to there extension.  Is it possible for you to just include that source as part of your code and do the same.

Thanks,

Regina