[postgis-devel] Questions about regress test

Han Wang hanwgeek at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 01:16:25 PDT 2021

Hi all,

I am currently trying to write some performance tests without any expected
output. But I have a few problems

Firstly, the `explain` operator cannot be applied to a `create index`
operation. So I can only use the simple `\timing` method. I would like to
know if there is any other performance metrics operation to replace the
`\timing` ?

What's more, it seems the expected output must be defined in the `/regress`
test. But it is impossible to get the time of an operation as an expected
output. Is there any solution to this situation?

I am grateful for your answers.

Best regards,
Han