[postgis-devel] Advertising #postgis:osgeo.org as the official chat room

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Wed Jun 16 05:16:33 PDT 2021

Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> writes:

> As I know many are not using IRC these days, and since OSGeo now
> hosts it's own Matrix homeserver (https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Matrix),
> how about advertising the *matrix* room as the official chat channel ?

I'm a big fan of self-hosting, so that sounds good to me.

The FSF just had a discussion about chat presence, and I saw in there
something about matrix.org having non-Free javascript; perhaps about
some kind of authorization via 3rd-party sites .  I would hope the osgeo
instance doesn't have that problem, but it's less of a big deal for
osgeo than FSF.