[postgis-devel] Questions about exposing `uint32_hilbert` API

Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski me at komzpa.net
Sat Jun 19 03:10:06 PDT 2021

Hello,

There is already exposed gbox_get_sortable_hash. In that function the SRID
of geometry is also considered, as the generated Hilbert curve without
normalization is very jittery around lat=0 and lon=0 lines, so popular
SRIDs are special-cased.

Can you get the original datum to reuse it?

Otherwise, please expose whatever you need and get the pull request posted
somewhere (I like github). Whether to expose it or move around will be best
seen after you get something working on the flamegraph of the index
creation.

On Sat, Jun 19, 2021 at 11:29 AM Han Wang <hanwgeek at gmail.com> wrote:

> HI all,
>
> Currently, I have to apply only the `*uint32_hilbert*
> <https://github.com/postgis/postgis/blob/b3874ecb488c3e04bcc26f701864a188788c472a/liblwgeom/gbox.c#L815>`
> to hash `*BOX2DF*` objects of geometry data. Would it be okay to include
> the `uint32_hilbert` function signature in the `liblwgeom.h` for the
> outside calls?
>
> Best regards,
> Han

Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski