[postgis-devel] Ring Indices in DumpPoints

Martin Davis mtnclimb at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 17:29:12 PST 2021

So perhaps ST_DumpRings should be changed to start at 1, to be consistent
with ST_DumpPoints?

This will be inconsistent with ST_InteriorRingN, but maybe that's not a big
deal.  In fact, I can see adding new functions:

ST_RingN - returns polygon rings, with 1 = shell and 2..N the holes
ST_NumRings - returns the total number of rings in a polygon

Then these are consistent with ST_DumpRings and ST_DumpPoints.