[postgis-devel] Much slower processing on GEOS 3.9.0 versus 3.8.0 for geodesic area calculation - Upgrade to PROJ 7.2.1 causes issue

Marco Boeringa marco at boeringa.demon.nl
Thu May 6 03:04:26 PDT 2021

Hi Paul and others,

Ok, so that issue with the wrong display of the PROJ version number when
calling 'postgis_full_version' after the upgrade of PROJ from 6.3.1 to
7.2.1 using the UbuntuGIS repository available version, is insignificant.

Is there anything else you want me to do? Even if I had the experience,
I do not have the infrastructure to debug PostGIS / PROJ or anything
else involved, except for the PostgreSQL / PostGIS install on Ubuntu.
You posted a GitHub link to a C file
(https://gist.github.com/pramsey/493b2490a8736fd8c00e30efa62e4ec3), but
I am unsure what to do with it. How do I run this?

And what is the status of the speculation about a possible compiler
optimization setting issue with PROJ 7.2.1 as available from the
UbuntuGIS apt repository? Is there any new information about this?

Marco