[postgis-devel] Proj requirement discrepancy should it be Proj 4.6 or Proj 4.9 as minimum?

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Fri Sep 10 11:25:59 PDT 2021

In our master report (3.2.0dev) which I'm planning to release (PostGIS
3.2.0alpha1) later tonight, we have a discrepancy in the stated Proj
requirement in our configure vs. our docs.

The docs say:

--- START DOC ---
Proj4 reprojection library. Proj4 4.9 or above is required. The Proj4
library is used to provide coordinate reprojection support within PostGIS.
Proj4 is available for download from http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/ .
-- END DOC ---

I've fixed the link and changed Proj4 to just Proj.

Our configure.ac has:

PostGIS requires PROJ >= 4.6.0

Anyone have issue if I bump up the configure.ac to 4.9.  I don't think we
are even testing on < 4.9

If not have to update the docs to read 4.6.

Thanks,
Regina