[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: Drop PostgreSQL 11 for 3.4.0

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Tue Aug 30 08:42:25 PDT 2022

I'd like to propose dropping PostgreSQL 11 for PostGIS 3.4.0 on.

https://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning/

PostgreSQL 11 will hit EOL in November 2023, which is shortly after our
target 3.4.0 milestone.

Some conditionals we can remove after dropping support for PostgreSQL 11:

1) All our conditionals around supportfn. I think there are around 3 of
those
2) Conditionals around DirectFunction signature
3) Lots of function calls in raster mapalgebra around the use callback args
which changed signature in 12.

While doing this analysis, I see we have a couple of other function calls we
hadn't removed for  < 100 so those should be removed at any rate.

+1 to drop PostgreSQL 11.