[postgis-devel] Turning spatial_ref_sys into a view to separate system vs. user entries

Raúl Marín raul at rmr.ninja
Wed Feb 2 09:22:46 PST 2022

On 2022-02-02 17:19, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> Are you basically saying we should just NEVER need "system"
> spatial_ref_sys entries but ONLY custom and overridden ones?

Yes, IMO system spatial_ref_sys shoudn't exist and it should be
"provided" by PROJ, and thus immutable from the Postgis side. Then
spatial_ref_sys would only contain the custom SRSs added by the user.
Obviously this is a large change with a lot of friction, which is why
I'm not expecting anybody to do that.