[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: Approve RFC-5 Core Contributor Guidelines

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Mon Feb 21 02:53:49 PST 2022

On Sat, Feb 19, 2022 at 05:04:23PM -0500, Regina Obe wrote:
> I've made a number of changes to
>
> https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/DevWikiComitGuidelines
>
> to hopefully modernize it.  Key changes
>
> 1) Get rid of references to our old model -- such as keeping an authors.git
> / authors.svn ,  spike branches, and updating CREDITS file

CREDITS is still mentioned in the "Repo Administrator" section.
Paul: you're listed as having this role, is that ok with you ?

As for the "Practices", I'd expand the first point to request
commit logs being written in a syntax like:

    First line within 70 cols (for git log --oneline)

    Longer explanation after an empty line, still
    within 70 cols and using ticket references like
    References #1111 or Closes #2222

    And possibly more paragraphs of what is included
    and what not

  Libre GIS consultant/developer
  https://strk.kbt.io/services.html