[postgis-devel] autoconf versions

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Wed Jan 5 10:38:45 PST 2022

> On Jan 5, 2022, at 9:39 AM, Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Jan 05, 2022 at 11:29:04AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
>>
>> Paul Ramsey <pramsey at cleverelephant.ca> writes:
>>
>>> We discussed this before, but now that we are on a fresh master branch I thought I'd re-raise, perhaps it's time to do the updates in configure.ac to quiet the warnings, like
>>>
>>> configure.ac:65: warning: The macro `AC_LIBTOOL_COMPILER_OPTION' is obsolete.
>>> configure.ac:79: warning: The macro `AC_LIBTOOL_LINKER_OPTION' is obsolete.
>>> configure.ac:134: warning: AC_PROG_LEX without either yywrap or noyywrap is obsolete
>>> configure.ac:824: warning: AM_PROG_MKDIR_P: this macro is deprecated, and will soon be removed.
>>> configure.ac:824: warning: The macro `AC_TRY_LINK' is obsolete.
>>>
>>> etc, etc,
>>>
>>> New year, new versions, all that good stuff?
>>> If I don't hear howls of outrage I'm going to do it.
>>
>> No outrage, but I expect this involves picking a new version for minimum
>> required version, so that you can use things introduced in that version
>> or later.
>>
>> Personally, I use pkgsrc which has 2.71, so I am highly unlikely to be
>> bothered.
>>
>> What version do you propose as the new minimum?
>
> Are you talking about libtoolize or autoconf or what else ?

Whatever it takes to quiet the warnings? I'm not planning on using any new features, but rather whatever new features are required to replace the old deprecated ones.

P.