[postgis-devel] Today's Meeting notes

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Thu Jun 2 15:09:50 PDT 2022

I've added today's meeting notes here:

https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/PostGISDevelopment2022-1#MeetingNotes

Key takeaways:

Goals
______
Beat PG15 release (shoot for PostGIS release in late august)
Get rest of GEOS in (which means releasing GEOS 3.11 before late august)

Possible Breaking Changes:

1) For CREATE EXTENSION , use CREATE instead of CREATE OR REPLACE calls
https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/5165

and strive for future to only do CREATE OR REPLACE for older functions and
CREATE for net-net new.

2) Remove Minor from our extension scripts. So that means

Detailed - https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/5166

It does mean we should try to avoid any sql script changes in micros.  If we
absolutely can't for some reason (like for 3.3.0dev, then that is where our
3.3--3.3next and 3.3next-3.3 comes to allow forcing.