[postgis-devel] Upgrade strategies (was: PostGIS 3.3.0alpha1 released)

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Mon Jun 6 06:03:53 PDT 2022

On Wed, Jun 01, 2022 at 12:43:08PM -0400, Regina Obe wrote:

> If people use
>
> SELECT postgis_extensions_upgrade();
>
> Can't we in theory force a (check the latest version, if we are at latest do
> a --{latestversiongoeshere}next

The postgis_extensions_upgrade() function is ALREADY handling the
"next" ballet, at the moment (using the ANY trick now, but was already
doing the "next" ballet before then).

Running `postgis_extensions_upgrade()` twice is supposedly currently
always bringing you up-to-date (to whatever version is documented as
being the "default" in the control file).

--strk;

  Libre GIS consultant/developer
  https://strk.kbt.io/services.html