[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: PostGIS 3.3.0beta1 after GEOS 3.11.0 release

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Thu Jun 30 20:12:07 PDT 2022

I'm hoping to push out a beta1 soon after the GEOS 3.11.0.

This would mean no more new features, just bug fixes.

Anyone have pressing features they still are working on.

Only thing I would like to get in before release is this:

https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/5165 (enforce CREATE FUNCTION for
CREATE EXTENSION)

and possibly this:
https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/5052 ( have
postgis_extensions_upgrade() allow specifying target version)

Though I don't know if people have issue with those and can live without
those to make sure we release before PG15 comes out.

Thanks,
Regina