[postgis-devel] Website Redo change to Hugo

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Thu Mar 3 10:14:44 PST 2022

I've been working on a website redo.

Main reason is our current https://postgis.net is kinda broken because it
relies on a PHP CMS framework that is no longer supported and doesn't work
on newer PHP.

That said I settled on Hugo seeing the success of grass.osgeo.org and
libgeos.org.  It also turned out to be very easy to convert our existing
content to that since our posts and pages are all in markdown already.

The new site is staged at:

https://staging.postgis.net

I plan to move all the RFCs over there once done to the link at the top
called RFCs.  I've moved the first 2 already

https://staging.postgis.net/rfcs/

I still have to fix some of the formatting of old posts and verify the rss
feed is as we had it before so it works as it did with plant.postgis.net,
planet.postgresql.org, and planet.osgeo.org.

Feel free to comment and provide suggestions.

Thanks,
Regina