[postgis-devel] WKT Output Change

Martin Davis mtnclimb at gmail.com
Fri May 20 10:17:02 PDT 2022

On Fri, May 20, 2022 at 7:53 AM Paul Ramsey <pramsey at cleverelephant.ca>
wrote:

SFSQL 1.1, from way back in 1999 actually does mandate the extra parens
> (it's subtle, so it's easy to see how the mistake could be made). It's
> possble that the original mis-reading was actually Dave's and I just aped
> it when I re-wrote the emitter for 2.0. Regardless, we have been wrong
> relative to the official specs for a Very Long Time.

JTS made the same mistake - must have been a collective hallucination.  But
the spec is amibigous, since the example WKT for MultiPoint (p 3-12) is :

MULTIPOINT (10 10, 20 20)

Anyway, definitely time to align with spec, and make whatever fixes are
necessary as a result of that.