[postgis-devel] PostGIS 3.3.0alpha1 released

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Mon May 23 04:02:53 PDT 2022

3.3.0alpha1 built fine, NetBSD 9 amd64.

qgis is able to render OSM data from a postgis database, so things are
>=99% ok.

I noticed that compared to 3.2.1 the sql scripts for 2.4.10 have gone
missing.

The tests are troubled, but I think in the same way I have been seeing
for a long time and have not managed to track down.

Looking at the release notes to understand soft/hard upgrade -- which
I've never been clear on because until recently I've been in the
"intending to use postgis some day" category, I see that for 2.1.0 it
exlains soft from 2.0+ and hard from earlier.  I don't see anything at
all mentioned for 3.x, but
  https://postgis.net/docs/manual-3.3/postgis_administration.html#upgrading
says the release notes explain this.  So perhaps add
  This release is a soft upgrade from >=2.0, and a hard upgrade from earlier.
if that's true (which would be a great situation).