[postgis-devel] manpages

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Wed May 25 02:02:42 PDT 2022

On Mon, May 23, 2022 at 06:56:29AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:

> Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> writes:
>
> > I do know how to install man pages in the right place (honouring
> > --prefix and --mandir) was just wondering why we never got a complain
> > from packagers about our NOT doing that. Now I know Debian has its
> > own separate configuration for it.
>
> pkgsrc puts man pages in e.g. /usr/pkg/man/man1/foo.1 and we pass
> --mandir to GNU autoconf.   So I think the short answer to your question
> is that if there's a reaonable knob (configure arg, env var) to say
> where the mandir is, a packager calls that a win and doesn't complain.

Thanks for reporting this. I'm just afraid it's out of luck if that
still works (bots are not checking after it).

A related question: why we don't get reports for shp2pgsql/pgsql2shp
being installed in --bindir ? Or is --bindir also working ?

Related (12 years old) ticket:
https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/635

--strk;

  Libre GIS consultant/developer