[postgis-devel] [postgis-users] pg point cloud backup problem

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Thu Sep 22 10:35:28 PDT 2022

As discussed on IRC

ALTER EXTENSION pointcloud_postgis UPDATE;

Doesn't work.  For now one can do

DROP EXTENSION pointcloud_postgis;
CREATE EXTENSION pointcloud_postgis;

This is safe, since if you have any functions, views, or data reliant on
this extension, then the DROP EXTENSION call will fail.

The issue with UPDATE not working  is detailed in --
https://github.com/pgpointcloud/pointcloud/issues/307

And I've submitted a pull request to solve this -
https://github.com/pgpointcloud/pointcloud/pull/327

I'm going to wait a little longer before packaging to see if there is a new
version that

1) supports PG15, since that fix is already in master
2) The pointcloud_postgis upgrade issue

Thanks,
Regina