[postgis-devel] [postgis-tickets] [SCM] PostGIS branch master updated. 3.3.0rc2-128-g1bd0a8410

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Tue Sep 27 08:24:22 PDT 2022

On Tue, Sep 27, 2022 at 07:37:30AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:

> Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> writes:
>
> > I do understand the rationale of wanting a green CI but I'm afraid
> > unless we have a blocker ticket requesting to re-enable the test
> > the result will just be that a test is removed and never gets back,
> > as I think happened for other tests.
>
> I don't know if this is supported or makes sense, but there is a concept
> of "expected failure" for tests, where it's marked as such with a bug
> ticket reference, and the output is much less shouty for failure.

Doesn't apply here, as the *same* test would succeed with a GEOS
version which fixed that bug and fail with a GEOS version before
the fix. I think it's too many things to check to say whether
to expect or not the failure, for little value (it's better to just
let broken GEOS fail and recommend people to use a fixed GEOS).

--strk;

  Libre GIS consultant/developer
  https://strk.kbt.io/services.html