[postgis-devel] ST_ApproxQuantile, should we keep it ?

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Wed Aug 30 07:41:42 PDT 2023

While improving the test coverage of upgrades I've stumbled
upon an ambiguity between two signatures of the ST_ApproxQuantile
raster function. Passing just a raster and a double as arguments
to that function results in an error as PostgreSQL does not know
which of 2 functions you mean to call, and the two functions also
have different return types.

Details are here:
https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/5498

Now, since that function is not documented nor any test exists
for it, I'm writing this mail to know if anyone is using it or
sees a need for it, as otherwise maybe we should drop it ?

--strk;

  Libre GIS consultant/developer
  https://strk.kbt.io/services.html