pkg-config

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Tue Nov 21 09:51:09 PST 2023

Almost EOL?  It is EOL  - see the nice label I put next to it - 3.8.4 EOL

https://libgeos.org/usage/download/
See the final release date not italicized 😊

I'd much rather keep the conditional check in PostGIS 3.5 than do yet another release of 3.8.
What I've observed is most people behind aren't even on the latest micro release.  You know how many 3.9.0s I still see.

Besides we should support geos-config for at least another PostGIS release cycle before we pull the carpet on people's builds.
Give them a warning, it's coming.  I, as a user, appreciate when a project gives me that courtesy of a grace-period release before they officially break my build script
and I have to scramble to fix it.

Then come PostGIS 3.6, we will have done our duty of providing a grace period to builders and also will not have a GEOS 3.8 to worry about dancing around.