[postgis] How to use pgsql2shp

lr1234567 lr1234567 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 6 07:24:43 PST 2001

Is there a particular structure that pgsql2shp is expecting

When I try to use it on a table I created it generates the dbf fine,
but can't generate the shp file

It states as an error, can not have multiple geometry types in a
shape file.

It works fine on tables I generated using the shp2pgsql loader.

The way I created and populated the table I'm trying to dump out is
as follows

create table remsactive ( PARCELID varchar(10), ADDRESS varchar,
NEIGHBORHO varchar, USE varchar, TYPE varchar, STATUS varchar,
LOTAREA int);

select AddGeometryColumn
('dts','remsactive','the_geom','102686','MULTIPOLYGON',2);

INSERT INTO remsactive(gid, parcelid, address, neighborho,use, type,
status, lotarea, the_geom)
SELECT gid, parcelid, address,neighborhood, cuse, propertytype,
status, sqfeet,the_geom
FROM vwavailableparcels;

_______
the vwavailableparcels is a view I set up that joins a table of
multipolygon geometries I loaded from a shape file with a non-
geometry table.

Promise to Quit
Nicotrol will help
http://us.click.yahoo.com/5vN8tD/AqSDAA/ySSFAA/PhFolB/TM