[postgis] ST_TRANSFORM: proposal for postgis projection tranformation

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at tincan.org
Tue Dec 18 14:14:25 PST 2001

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Dave Blasby wrote:

> I've been doing a little bit of thinking about adding projection
> tranformation support in postgis.

I'm all for it.  A week or so ago I mentioned trying the same thing.  A
very selfish need provoked me.  I have quite a bit of data from several
different sources and in different 'projections' that I'd like to use
with MapServer.  By importing it and then transforming all the bits and
pieces to the same system I'd have what I want and need.

I like all your thoughts and plans.

Rod
--
                      Let Accuracy Triumph Over Victory

                                                       Zetetic Institute
                                                        "David's Sling"
                                                         Marc Stiegler

Unlimited PC-PC calling at Crystal Voice! - Only $1/Mo.
Download your free 30 day trial. Click here.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Gb1xVB/GxbDAA/ySSFAA/PhFolB/TM