[postgis] (unknown)

comp_sjc comp_sjc at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 24 14:44:59 PST 2001

Hi all,
I am geeting the following error while trying to install the
postGIS extensions for my POSTGRESQL DB.
any pointers on what might be wrong

regards

$$$ psql -d spt -f postgis.sql superuser
BEGIN
       message
----------------------
 plpgsql is installed
(1 row)

CREATE
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE/PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index 'spatial_ref_sys_pkey' for table 'spatial_ref_sys'
psql:postgis.sql:34: NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE/PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index 'spatial_ref_sys_pkey' for table 'spatial_ref_sys'
CREATE
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE/PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index 'gc_pk' for table 'geometry_columns'
psql:postgis.sql:47: NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE/PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index 'gc_pk' for table 'geometry_columns'
CREATE
CREATE
CREATE
CREATE
NOTICE:  ProcedureCreate: type 'box3d' is not yet defined
psql:postgis.sql:212: NOTICE:  ProcedureCreate: type 'box3d' is not yet defined
ERROR:  Can't find function box3d_in in file /usr/lib/pgsql/plpgsql.so
psql:postgis.sql:212: ERROR:  Can't find function box3d_in in file /usr/lib/pgsql/plpgsql.so
NOTICE:  current transaction is aborted, queries ignored until end of transaction block
psql:postgis.sql:217: NOTICE:  current transaction is aborted, queries ignored until end of transaction block
*ABORT STATE*

big stack trace of failure...

http://us.click.yahoo.com/IgTaHA/ZQdDAA/ySSFAA/PhFolB/TM