[postgis] About description of usage of C Clients (libpq) in PostGIS Manual

Hisaji ONO ono96 at fa2.so-net.ne.jp
Tue Jul 24 10:34:05 PDT 2001

Hi, Frank.

> Hi,
>
> I have looked around once or twice for a PostgreSQL source for NT, but
> didn't find any
> pre-built binaries on the postgresql ftp site.  Did you build it
> yourself from source under Cygwin?
> Any special advice?

 For building PostgreSQL 7.1.2 in Cygwin, I've no trouble.

 Pre-built binaries is available from the following site, but this binariies
were build with multtibyte and EUC-JP(Japanese character code.). And the
document was written in Japanese.

http://www.s34.co.jp/~luster/pgsql/postgresql7.1.2-cygwin117-mb-unicode.tar.
bz2

> There isn't really anything special with regard to PostGIS integration
> with libpq.  Once you know
> the SQL to use interactively with PostGIS, you just do the same thing
> through libpq.  There is
> respectible libpq documentation on the postgresql web site.
>
> There is an example of code using libpq with postgis in my GDAL/OGR
> library.  If you want
> to look at it download the following and look in gdal/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/pg.
>
>   ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/pub/gdal/gdal-1.1.5b1.tar.gz

  Thank you very muh for above info for libpq. I'll try to execute your
sample.

 Best regards.

Secure your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption! Grab your copy of
VeriSign's FREE Guide "Securing Your Web Site for Business." Get it now!
http://www.verisign.com/cgi-bin/go.cgi?a=n094442340008000
http://us.click.yahoo.com/6lIgYB/IWxCAA/yigFAA/PhFolB/TM