[postgis] GML

Cameron Shorter cameron at shorter.net
Thu Nov 1 22:10:05 PST 2001

I know James Macgill of geotools fame is adding a GML reader interface
to geotools.
James should be able to tell you more, or you can check out the source
code and look at the PostGIS classes.

Apparently there is also some people developing core Geographic
primative functions that James told me about, but I can't remember the
source.
James?

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Has anyone written a GML to PostGIS or PostGIS to GML translator?  I thought
> I heard some discussion of this a while ago, but I don't see anything on a
> quick scan of the email list archive.
>
> Anyways, I am interested in GML samples, and am hoping to add GML read
> and write support to OGR which would incidently be useful for loading or
> extracting GML to/from PostGIS.
>
> Best regards,
>
> --

Cameron Shorter          Web Mapping Manager
Social Change Online
248 Johnson St           Tel: +61 (0) 2 9692 5115
Annandale NSW 2038       Fax: +61 (0) 2 9692 5192
Sydney, Australia        http://webmap.socialchange.net.au