[postgis] Re: Postgis Compilation

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Tue Nov 6 12:52:33 PST 2001

Yet... the makefile is a bit (a big) of an ugly hack right now. There
are two assumptions going on: (a) that you have untarred the postgis
tarball in ./contrib of the postgis source distro and (b) that your
source distro has already been compiled and the compiled files left
there. I am cheating -- rather than discovering the actual location of
your libpq, I am trying to link to a copy in the source tree. So go into
your postgresql source tree and type 'make', so there are compiled
copies of the libraries etc sitting there.

--
      __
     /
     | Paul Ramsey