[postgis] PostgreSql point to Postgis point conversion

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Fri Nov 16 11:03:17 PST 2001

Tony is right, if you want to do it inside the db, you'll have to script
up a converter in one of the internal languages. If this is just a
one-shot deal conversion, it is probably far simpler to dump the table
to text, run a perl process on it to modify the geometry entries, and
then upload the table again.

"TONY J.Y." wrote:

> Yes. I think you can use any of the programming language
> to UPDATE each line, such as C, java, or PLpgSQL.

      __
     /
     | Paul Ramsey
     | Refractions Research