[postgis] Shared library error...

Henry Holland spoedniek at f2s.com
Mon Nov 26 07:11:34 PST 2001

Hi,

I'm a bit lost here after actually managing to install postgres and then
postgis on my linux box. postgresql seems to be working and the postmaster
is running. After I installed postgis and the loader according to the
documentation, I get the following error on running either shp2pgsql or
pgsql2shp: error while loading shared libraries: libpq.so.2: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory.

Of course the file is in pgsql/lib directory. So what did I do wrong? I'm
running RedHat Linux 7.0, postgresql7.1.3 and postgis0.6.2.

Thanks for any help.
Henry

Need new boots for winter? Looking for a perfect gift for your shoe loving friends?
Zappos.com is the perfect fit for all your shoe needs!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/3wM6yD/QrSDAA/ySSFAA/PhFolB/TM