[postgis] Querying mapserver with data from PostGIS table

Ewa Patrowicz ewap at arges.pl
Fri Oct 5 03:48:55 PDT 2001

I have a situation:
- shape "xxx" with attributies :
   geometry, ident, description

I constructed map layer

LAYER
  NAME "ss"
  DATA "xxx"
  HEADER "xxx_hdr.htm"
  TEMPLATE "xxx_tmpl.htm"
  FOOTER "xxx_ftr.htm"
  CLASS
  END

When querying this layer I obtained good results. For example
"1-st description"
"2-nd description"
"71-th description"

Trouble is when I try using postgis table
 - table "xxxx" with columns :
   geometry, ident, description

Table contained the same data as the shape above.
I constructed map layer

LAYER
  NAME "sss"
  CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
  CONNECTION ...
  DATA "geometry FROM xxxx"
  HEADER "xxx_hdr.htm"
  TEMPLATE "xxx_tmpl.htm"
  FOOTER "xxx_ftr.htm"
  CLASS
  END
END

I used the same template query files xxx_*.htm as the names of columns and attributies were the same.

When querying this layer I obtained a list of labels instead of values.
Using the same circumstances :
[DESCRIPTION]
[DESCRIPTION]
[DESCRIPTION]

What could I do for obtaining the correct result in this situation?

Ewa.